How I Would Love to Go to This

I wish I had the time to go to this. And the money. It's everything I'm interested in, all wrapped up in one big conference. Writing, publishing, all online. It would be absolutely amazing.

Here's one of the workshops that will be there:

FDW-1: The Future of the Book ($80; 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., with a break for lunch)
Coordinators: David Blakesley and Patricia Sullivan
with Special Guests, including Shirley K Rose

In 2003, the participants in the digital publishing workshop at Computers and Writing produced Digital Publishing F5|Refreshed (Parlor Press, 2003), one of the first multimedia ebooks ever cataloged in the MLA International Bibliography. To top that, this workshop will engage participants in the ongoing consideration of the future of the book, both culturally and in Computers and Writing, culminating with the publication of a new book on the subject produced and written during the workshop and published at the conference for the C&W community. Special guests, including press representatives and others active in articulating the future of the book will be on hand throughout the day.

This is the one that I'm most interested in going to see. There are also workshops for authors who want to publish in online journals and several workshops about Twitter.

The concept of extribuli is really getting out there.

I can't wait to see where we'll be in five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Extribulum, plural extribuli, is a book that originated on the internet, as coined by copperbadge on Livejournal.

This blog will focus on extribuli and ebooks and the ebook revolution. To search through topics, just look through the tags. I will do my best to tag each post appropriately to make browsing easy.

I am a graduate student at the University of Alabama in the Library and Information Studies program. I'm hoping to one day be a young adult librarian. Or maybe work on something in the technological side of the library. I work in a computer lab on campus right now, and have worked there since August, and I thoroughly enjoy my job.

Email Me!