Wreck


I got rear ended on Thursday, March 11 around 10:30 PM. The guy clipped my back bumper and back passenger's side tire, so I spent my Spring Break trying to get it all figured out and fixed and all my ducks in a row because the guy doesn't have insurance. He also attempted to flee the scene and is now in jail, pending bond, as far as I know. I'm fine, I was sore for a few days, but other than that I wasn't hurt.

My car is currently in the shop, and I'm waiting (still, this is day 3) for them to call me with the final damage count. The appraiser said it was not totaled, but they're getting a more comprehensive look by taking it apart. I'm pretty sure most of the back end will have to be replaced. The back passenger's side wheel is at an angle to the car. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling Carly. I had an accident a couple of years ago when a young girl came across the median and rammed me in the side. Thank goodness I saw her coming in time to speed up so that she struck me in the rear quarer panel or I might have been seriously injured. It is a bit depressing to see your damaged vehicle, esp when it wasnt your fault.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Extribulum, plural extribuli, is a book that originated on the internet, as coined by copperbadge on Livejournal.

This blog will focus on extribuli and ebooks and the ebook revolution. To search through topics, just look through the tags. I will do my best to tag each post appropriately to make browsing easy.

I am a graduate student at the University of Alabama in the Library and Information Studies program. I'm hoping to one day be a young adult librarian. Or maybe work on something in the technological side of the library. I work in a computer lab on campus right now, and have worked there since August, and I thoroughly enjoy my job.

Email Me!